Yoga stretching is an excellent exercise. It is simple and easy. It increases flexibility, improves balance and prevents falls. With all types of yoga poses, you need to engage in stretching regularly in order to get lasting benefits. Yoga stretching gives immediate release from stress. We can’t avoid all sources of stress in our lives, nor would we want to. But we can develop healthier ways of responding to them. You can practice these yoga exercises in office. Paying attention to the breathing is important during yoga stretching exercise. The mindful stretching can help you cope with the stresses in daily activities.
Benefits of yoga stretching:
The main benefits of yoga stretching are as follows:
- Improve flexibility
- Improve blood circulation throughout the body
- Reduce stress and strain
- Provide relief from back pain and arthritis
- Improve alignment and body posture
- Increase fitness and eliminate toxins from the body
General rules for yoga stretching exercise:
You can try several different yoga stretching exercises to see which one works best for you. And if your favorite approach fails to engage you, or you want some variety, you’ll have alternatives. You may also find the following tips helpful:
- Try to practice yoga stretching twice or thrice a day, always at the same time, in order to enhance the sense of ritual and establish a habit.
- Try to practice stretching at least 10– 15 minutes each day.
- Don’t try too hard. That may just cause you to tense up.
- Hold a static stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Because highest change in muscle length takes place between 15 and 30 seconds.
- Repeat each yoga stretching exercise for three to five times.
Five best yoga stretching techniques:
- Forward and Backward Bending:
- Cat-Cow Stretching
- Spinal Twist on Chair: Twist towards the back of the chair, holding the back with both hands.
- Camel Pose
- Bow Pose Stretching: