Mindfulness means deep awareness. Concentration and mindfulness works together. If there is no concentration there cannot be any mindfulness. Mindfulness re-establish the neural connections. The details of Buddhist mindfulness meditation is discussed in Satipatthana Sutta. Combination of concentration techniques like; Transcendental Meditation(TM) and mindfulness meditation like vipassana meditation or Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) generates the best result. Because concentration generates the Alpha waves and the mindfulness generates the Gamma waves. Mindfulness increases the Gray matters in the brain and the concentration meditation like TM increases the white matters. Concentration meditation activates the default mode network. Mindfulness activates the alpha-symmetry network.
Techniques of Mindfulness Meditations:
Mindfulness is the concentration of here and now. It is the high and relax attentiveness with regard to the sensations of body and mind. Awareness with detachment is the key to mindfulness meditations. There are eight basic techniques of mindfulness. These are as follows:
- Body awareness and mindfulness
- Breathe awareness
- Posture awareness
- Thought awareness
- Feeling awareness
- Pleasure and pain awareness
- Awareness of the inner Self
- Awareness of no Self
When to Practice Mindfulness Meditations?
The best time of practice mindfulness is in the morning and in the evening. However you can practice mindfulness meditation during any time of the day.
How to practice Mindfulness meditation?
- Step -1: Keep your spine straight, sit comfortably on chair or lie down on bed.
- Step -2: Observe your breathing. You can also observe the movements of your abdominal.
- Step -3: Count your exhaling up to five. When you reach five, again start from one.
- Step -4: Apply non-judgmental observation of the physical feelings, thoughts, pain and pleasures.
Benefits of Mindfulness Meditations:
- Reduces Stress Strain and Anxiety
- Eliminates Insomnia sleep problems
- Reduces back pain
- Improves Immunity
- Eliminates cardiac and respiratory problems
There are several health and psychic benefits of mindfulness meditation. However, to get success, commitment to daily one hour mindfulness meditation is must. In united states there are several stress management centers, where you can learn and enjoy mindfulness meditations. Mindfulness removes the sorrowfulness that occurred due to attachment to body and mind.